free consultation 715-845-9000

Can I get my lost wages paid to me if I miss time after a work injury?

Posted in Worker's Compensation on July 24, 2017

Yes you can.  In Wisconsin, if you are injured at work, you have the right to receive compensation for your lost time.  Workers compensation benefits for lost wages are referred to as: Temporary Total Disability (TTD).  These TTD benefits for lost wages are owed after you have been off work for more than 3 days.   However, if you are off work for more than 7 days, then you can receive TTD lost wage benefits for every day off work after the date of injury.  This TTD benefit is paid weekly in Wisconsin, and there is no limit to the number of weeks you can receive temporary total disability benefits, and receipt of these benefits is determined by your doctor.  Your benefit rate is equal to 2/3 of your average gross weekly wage.  If you are released to return to work while on restrictions, then you must give these restrictions to your employer.  If your employer has work for you within the work limitations of your doctor, then you must return to work in most cases.  If your employer has no light duty work available, then you should continue to receive these TTD benefits.  If you are terminated while receiving these benefits, or your workers compensation claim is denied and your benefits stop, then things can get complicated.  But the bottom line is that you can talk to an experienced work comp attorney to find out what your rights are.  If your claim is unfairly denied, then John Jokela can file an appeal and get you the award or settlement you deserve as fast as possible.  Based on his reputation and experience, John Jokela is most often able to get his clients a fair settlement without the delay of going to court.  John represents disabled workers in Appleton, Eau Claire, Stevens Point, Nekoosa, Mosinee, Merrill, Wisconsin Rapids, Minocqua, Woodruff, and the surrounding areas from his office in Wausau, Wisconsin.  John also makes home visits.   Please talk to a lawyer right away about your specific case to make sure you get proper answers to your questions, as your specific situation may differ from the general information given above.  John Jokela offers free consultations at 715-845-9000, and you can also come in to see him in his office for your free initial consultation.